EMSELLA is a non-invasive treatment for urinary incontinence for women and men that uses electromagnetic energy to strengthen the pelvic floor and stop stress incontinence: the need to pee with a laugh, cough or sneeze. Strengthening the pelvic floor is a proven effective method to gain greater control over the bladder and improve quality of life. For men that have had prostate surgery, EMSELLA helps restore continence after radical prostatectomy (see video). Treatment benefits:
- Improves Bladder Control
- Strengthens the Pelvic Floor
- Laugh, Sneeze, Cough and Run Confidently
- FDA Approved for Treating Incontinence
- Non-Invasive and Painless
- Walk-In and Walk-Out – No Downtime
- Remain Fully Clothed During Treatment
- 95% Patient Satisfaction in Clinical Trials
- 87% Patient Satisfaction Rating on RealSelf
Available exclusively at our Palm Beach Gardens location.
NewBeauty: “Kegel Throne” Strengthens Pelvic Floor
* Individual results vary.
EMSELLA Patient Testimonials
* Individual results vary.
How Does EMSELLA Work?
The EMSELLA treatment uses high frequency electromagnetic energy (HIFEM) to stimulate the pelvic floor muscles. It produces thousands of supra-maximal pelvic floor muscle contractions in a single 28 minute session, the equivalent of 11,200 Kegel exercises!1
EMSELLA is an easy and effective way to alleviate incontinence issues without the need for invasive surgery. You simply sit in your regular clothes on the state-of-the-art EMSELLA chair for 30 minutes. Six treatment sessions over a three weeks reduces or eliminates urinary incontinence for most patients.
Improvement is usually seen after a single session. Recommended treatment plan for most patients is six treatments over three weeks. Results typically continue to improve over several weeks after treatment.
EMSELLA for Male Incontinence After Radical Prostatectomy
Patient: Dr Robert Carolla January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Urinary Incontinence?
Urinary incontinence is any involuntary leakage of urine. There are three types of urinary incontinence:
1. Stress incontinence: when exerted pressure on the bladder causes leakage, typically caused by coughing, laughing, sneezing or exercising.
2. Urge incontinence: the sudden, intense urge to urinate frequently.
3. Overflow incontinence: occurs when the bladder is always full, so that it frequently leaks urine. This can be caused by weak bladder muscles (resulting in incomplete emptying of the bladder) or a blocked urethra.
4. Mixed incontinence: a combination of the above types of incontinence.
EMSELLA is FDA-Approved as safe and effective to treat urinary incontinence in women and men.
What Causes Urinary Incontinence?
Urinary incontinence may be a result of weak pelvic floor muscles. Pelvic floor muscles play an important role in supporting pelvic organs and controlling continence. Various physiological changes may contribute to the development of urinary incontinence, including: vaginal delivery, menopause, aging and other conditions that result in deconditioned pelvic floor muscles. The deconditioning of pelvic floor muscles is typically responsible for loss of urinary control.
How Long Does an EMSELLA Treatment Take?
Each treatment session lasts about 30 minutes.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Six treatment sessions over a period of three weeks (two treatments each week) is recommended for most patients.
What Does the EMSELLA Treatment Feel Like?
Tingling and pelvic floor muscle contractions during the procedure.
Is There Downtime After the Treatment?
No. You may resume daily activities immediately after the treatment.