Laser Skin Resurfacing Rejuvenates Skin for a More Youthful Appearance
Laser skin resurfacing treatments are an excellent method to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles, reverses age spots, treat melasma, reduce the appearance of scars and treat sun damage.* Laser skin resurfacing treatments are useful for:
- Skin Resurfacing to improve texture, tone and other irregularities of the skin. Rejuvenate skin from typical signs of aging such as wrinkles, fine lines and sun damage. Results in smoother, brighter and tighter.*
- Stretch Marks treatment – appearance can be improved for marks due to pregnancy, growth spurts or fluctuations in weight.*
- Melasma treatment – the skin condition that results in patchy brown discoloration on the face – that can be caused by hormones, pregnancy, medications or direct sunlight.*
- Acne Scarring treatment for depressed acne scars. Other treatments are available such as RF Micro Needling, depending on the severity of the scarring and skin tone.*
- Surgical or traumatic scar treatment to improve the appearance of scars from cosmetic surgeries, Cesarian section scars, general surgical scars, traumatic scars or burns.*
Treatments Customized to Your Skin and Goals
New Radiance Cosmetic Centers offers multiple laser skin resurfacing treatments, both ablative and non-ablative:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Laser skin resurfacing produces dramatic results through photorejuvenation. Fewer complications are seen with the latest fractional laser skin resurfacing versus older non-fractional lasers. With fractional laser skin resurfacing, the laser removes only a part of your skin’s surface. The laser is fractional or fractionated, applying energy in a pattern that destroys some parts of the skin and leaves other parts intact. Faster healing time and fewer complications result from leaving part of the skin undamaged to rejuvenate the skin surface.*
What Happens During the Treatment?
The laser is passed over the skin, delivering pulses of laser light that last less than a millisecond. As the laser is passed over the skin, it delivers energy in short pulses. The treatment is progressively applied to the target treatment areas. The entire procedure typically requires between 30 minutes to 1 hour to perform, depending on the areas being treated and the patient goals.*
What Side Effects Are Typical with the Treatment?
As with any medical procedure, side effects and healing time vary by patient. Typical side effects from laser treatments include: swelling, redness and skin crusting. Skin redness typically lasts for several days to weeks.*
Laser treatments pose little risk for blistering or scarring. For patients with olive or darker skin, hyperpigmentation is a potential risk.*
Your free pre-treatment consultation will identify if you are a good candidate. At the consultation, you will be informed of the expected extent of your procedure to achieve your goals, the expected recovery period and how soon after the treatment you may expect to see full results.*
What is the Difference Between Ablative and Non-ablative Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Ablative laser skin resurfacing removes the top layer of your skin. They are very effective at treating wrinkles, scars, and other skin concerns. Ablative resurfacing actually removes the top layer of skin. This results in significant downtime for healing.
Non-ablative laser skin resurfacing is less invasive. Non-ablative procedures employ heat to stimulate cells and thicken the underlying collagen to improve your skin tone and elasticity. Non-ablative laser skin resurfacing does not remove all skin. This results in a more rapid recovery and less downtime.
This treatment only removes part of the skin by applying laser energy in a pattern. This produces dramatic results with less downtime and recovery.*
How Much Does the Treatment Cost?